MayflowerTours The Legendary Blue Danube River Cruise 11 DAYS • 23 MEALS Enjoy the convenience of river cruising along the legendary Blue Danube River aboard the exclusively chartered MS Emerald Destiny through Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. Visit historic cities along the way through daily excursions. See St. Stephen’s Basilica in Budapest, marvel at the impressive Vienna Opera House, enjoy two nights in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe – Prague, and much more! Experience the Danube River aboard our exclusively chartered river ship on a seven-night cruise through four countries. Includes escorted shore excursions with English-speaking guides and two nights in Prague. 2017 Departure Date: May 11 Call today and receive a free travel quote on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure! *Offer Details: Free Airfare savings applicable on select holidays for new reservations when reservations are made December 1, 2016 through January 15, 2017. Valid when booked at least 120 days prior to departure. This offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers, but may be combined with Mayflower Money, First Time Traveler Certificates, and Referral Rewards. Savings is valid on multiple holidays. Make your new reservation by January 15, 2017. Please mention SAVEDEC16 at time of reservation.
Source: The River Most Traveled
By: Windstar Cruises
A salty breeze blowing through your hair, far-off places waiting to be explored…your Windstar cruise is just days away and it’s hard to think of much else. Except for how to pack for your cruise, that is. What will you wear on board? How should you prepare for the shore excursions? Do you need a guidebook?
Windstar cruises are all about having fun and letting go, and we intend to help you do just that. We’ve packed for more than a few cruises by now, so we have a few good tips to help you get the most out of your voyage. Just throw these items in your suitcase and let your worries fade with each passing wave.
Let’s start with the essentials. Items like these should not be left at home:
- The little things: sunglasses, sunscreen, any medications or special toiletries you might need
- Electronics: a camera or video camera to record your memories, plus chargers and extra batteries ID, travel documents, foreign currency, and credit cards (don’t forget to warn your card company that you’ll be traveling)
- 2 swimsuits (so you have a back-up suit to wear while the other dries)
- Appropriate footwear: one pair each of sandals, everyday shoes, and good walking shoes
- Workout attire (there’s nothing more relaxing than yoga on deck at sunrise)
- Flexible clothing: aim to bring a few sets of tops and bottoms that can be mixed and matched so you get multiple outfits out of a few items. Be sure to bring light clothing that can be layered on or removed as the temperature changes. Don’t worry about dressing up unless you want to—Windstar is a luxury cruise line but we don’t want formality to get in the way of true escape. Windstar’s laundry package makes it easy to travel light and enjoy the feeling of freshly washed and pressed clothing every day from our professional laundry. With 24-hour (or less) turn around, this is a great convenience and bargain at only $109 per cabin for a 7-day voyage.
Now that we have the basics of how to pack for your cruise out of the way, let’s talk about a few things you might not have considered yet.
- Bring an empty travel bag/backpack. Use it for the souvenirs you pick up when you dock. Whether your shore excursions take you to the traditional lace shops in Venice or the open markets in Turkey, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to pick up souvenirs.
- Get something special for your special someone. Bring a romantic gift for your partner and surprise him or her on a special night at sea. The memories you make on your voyage will last a lifetime, so make it count.
- Pack an outlet for your inner artist. There’s nothing like fresh air and time off to get your creative juices flowing. Come prepared with a sketchpad or poetry notebook. And why not bring a journal to record your thoughts and observations about the trip?
- Sight-see like a pro. Read up on the land excursions you’ll be taking in advance so you can be sure to make the most of your time on shore. This will also help you pack appropriate clothing and footwear. And don’t forget your binoculars. You never know what you’re going to want to view off in the distance.
Whatever you do, just don’t forget to pack your sense of adventure!